About Centre for Industry Institute Partnership Programme
With a view to bridging the gap between theory and practice and to sensitize university towards needs of the industry ,
CIIPP was set up in 1996 as a separate entity as a self sustaining centre on Strategic Business Unit concept.
Aims & Objectives
- Create awareness about the Industry Institute Programme and devise strategies for the promotion of synergistic interface with industry.
- Develop methodology for creation of endowment funds and promotion of consultancy/case studies/technology transfer to cater to specific need of the industry.
- Find out ways &means to optimally utilize resources available in industries and institutions.
- Generate R&D programmes and technical components for industrial need.
- Identify specific themes for mutual interest with relevance to present day need.
- Recommend need based courses to industry and prepare learning materials relevant to industries.
- To bring industry closer to the academia and vice-versa
- To make the curricula particularly the technical courses more relevant to users.
- To generate resources in the form of industry supported projects and consultancy programmes.
- To organize placement interviews on the Panjab University Campus for the graduates of the University.
- To generate adequate intellectual and financial resources for the mutual benefit of industry and society by focusing on integrated research, planning, curriculum development and instructional software preparation in the areas of science, technology and humanities.
- To organize and promote formal, non-formal, flexible, modular, training programmes in the emerging areas of knowledge and research and in Rural Development, Educational Planning, Information and Management Sciences.
- To organize need-based workshops/symposia in order to promote self-employment among the students (both . General and the marginalized minorities).
- To create environment for fostering close liaison with industry.
Sharing Of Our Strength
Intellectual And Physical Capital (For Research, Education & Training, Consultancy, Educational Events And Information Services)
- Faculty consists of 700 specialists and scholars of national repute and international eminence.
- Well-equipped laboratories, specialized, reference libraries and sophisticated equipments for several front line research areas.
- Central library of the University is one of the largest libraries of Indian sub-continent having over as 6 lac Books and 1.5 lac periodicals.
- Hi-tech of computer facilities.
- Availability of auditoria, seminar halls, equipped with state- of- the- art technology.
Recognition Of Excellence: In Sync With The Five Star Status
Various departments are recognized as Centres of Excellence for Special Assistance Programme(SAP), Committee for Strengthening the Infrastructure of Science and Technology(COSIST), Centre of Advance Studies(CAS) and Fund for Improvement of Science and Technology(FIST) Programmes. Some of the vibrent departments on the campus are Anthropology, Bio-chemistry, Bio-technology, Bio-physics, Botany, Chemical Engg. and Technology, Chemistry, Education, Economics, Geography, Geology, Mathematics, Laws, Micro-biology, Philosophy, Physics, Sociology, Statistics, University Business School, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Centre for Instrumentation and Micro-electronics.
The CIIPP has rendered valuable services to various Public and Private sectors institutions/departments. The CIIPP clientele includes the following:-
- Ministry of HRD Govt. of India (Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti)
- Deptt. of Finance, Govt of Punjab.
- Deptt. of Education Govt. of Haryana.
- Govt of Uttranchal (Peyjel Sansadhan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam )
- IISc Banglore ;National Law University, Jodhpur;ICFAI University Hyderabad;Amity University ; Jaipur National University , Pondicherry University.
- Dr. Reddy's Lab., Hyderabad, Ludhiana Stock Exchange Ltd, M/s Lifecare Innovations Pvt. Ltd, M/s Saibliss Drug &Pharmaceuticals, M/s Panacea Biotec Ltd.
M/s Himalayan Drug Compnay, M/s Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam, M/s DCM Engineering Pvt. Ltd, M/s Coca Cola India, M/s Gujarat Ambuja Cement Ltd.
- Corporation Bank, Union Bank, Panjab &Sind Bank, Vijaya Bank.
- NIFT, AIMA, Railway Recruitment Board, FCI,IOCL